The Mairhof has been owned by the Bernhart Family since 1930.
In that year, the estate was auctioned off, and Antonia Kofler (the mother of Matthias Bernhart) purchased it – despite having nine small children to care for.
Our grandfather told us the story of how, during the first year here at the Mairhof, they had only very little to eat – but lots of work. But after only two years, the family was able to afford the purchase of a small pig, which they then proceeded to raise. As a result, they now at least had enough meat during the hard winter months. From that time on, the farmstead's situation improved steadily. Soon, the mother was able to pay off the mortgage, and the farmstead was breaking even. The barn housed cattle, pigs, and chickens. Wheat, oats, hay, and potatoes were cultivated in the fields.
The Mairhof farmsteads arose while the land was under the rule of the Franks. These farmsteads were managed by the lord of the estates himself. His second-in-command was called the "Meier" (also: "Moar"). It was the responsibility of the Meier to organize things, supervise the work performed by the serfs, and collect the fees owed to the lord.
The Moar controlled the largest farmstead in the village and was an important personage.
Today's façade with its Gothic gable was installed onto the Late-Gothic frescoed façade after a fire in the year 1500 (Engadin War). The fragment of a heraldic eagle (of Tyrol) is visible on the south side of the building.
1935: The club / hotel of the "Dopolavoro" fascist party and also its party headquarters were located in the upper story.